PE and Sports Premium (SP) Report PE Sports Premium September 2018/2019
What support do we plan to fund through the PE and Sports Premium allocation in 2019-2020?
· Affiliation to the Medway Schools Sports Partnership
· Specialist PE teacher employed to work alongside class teachers and teaching assistants
· Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme offered through the partnership
· Provision of a broader range of after school clubs
· Links established with outside agencies with bespoke coaching sessions: caterpillar dance company, Bec korfball club
· Young leader and sports crew training
· L2 school games competitions
· Intra – school sports competition
· International sports performer visit to run workshops and deliver an inspirational talk
· A range of equipment purchased for PE lessons, after school clubs and lunch time activities
· PE pupil kits purchased to raise the profile of PE and sport
· Whole school Sports Day
Sustainability for the future.
· Strong links made with community clubs.
· Pupils are more aware of the importance of regular physical activity and a healthy lifestyle
· Pupils say that they enjoy their PE sessions, therefore, they are more likely to continue with sport later in life
· The school has the resources available to engage children in physical activity.
· Staff are confident in their knowledge and skills to teach effective PE lessons.
Swimming: Year 6 – 2018-19
Current Year 6 will be swimming in Term 5. We are negotiating further top up swimming lessons with the local swimming pool.
To view the PE Action Plan please click the link below: