Our SEND Local Offer
Our SEND team are part of a wider School Inclusion team which is made up of the following team members:
Mrs Collins - Mrs Collins is the school Special Education Needs and Disability manager (SEND). Mrs Collins is the first point of contact for issues related to special education needs within the school. firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Wadsworth- Mrs Wadsworth is the schools Special Educational Needs Assistant and healthcare needs specialist. Mrs Wadsworth works with the SEND manager to liaise between the school and parents. email@example.com
Mrs Giles- Mrs Giles is the schools Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL). Mrs Giles is the first point of contact for safeguarding issues. firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Webb- Mrs Webb is the schools Family Liaison Officer (FLO). Mrs Webbs role is to liaise between the school and parents in supporting the emotional needs of our children. email@example.com
Mr Wade- As well as being a qualified teacher, Mr Wade is responsible for working with vulnerable children or those with emotional or social needs. Mr Wade supports in class and in small group settings. firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE to see our SEND local offer.
At Bligh Primary School, we aim to offer excellence and choice to all our children, whatever their ability or needs. We have high expectations of all our children. We aim to achieve this through the removal of barriers to learning and participation. We want all our children to feel that they are a valued part of our school community. Through appropriate curricular provision, we respect the fact that children:
- have different educational and behavioural needs and aspirations;
- require different strategies for learning;
- acquire, assimilate and communicate information at different rates;
- need a range of different teaching approaches and experiences.
Objectives of our SEND Provision
We aim to:-
- Enable every pupil to experience success
- Keep an ongoing register (SEND Spectrum) of all children whom we consider to have special educational needs.
- Identify those children as early as possible, assess, record and regularly review their progress and needs.
- Provide learning programmes geared to their needs.
- Work collaboratively with parents, other professionals and support services.
- Ensure that parents or carers are able to play their part in supporting their child’s education.
- Involve the child, so as to encourage a move from dependent to independent learning.
Bligh Primary School firmly believes in developing a strong partnership with parents/carers and that this will enable children and young people with SEND to achieve their potential. The school recognises that parents/carers have a unique overview of their child's needs and how best to support them, and that this gives them a key role in the partnership. Parents/carers hold key information and have a critical role to play in their children's education.
From September 2014, all schools will be required to publish details of its school offer, detailing support for pupils with special educational needs and/or a disability to compliment the Medway Local Authority Local Offer. Below are details of the current school offer at Bligh Primary School and the Local Offer for Medway.