We are delighted to welcome you to the Bligh Primary School website and hope that you will find the information on here useful. At this school you will find a caring, happy and safe place of learning, where children develop, progress and achieve their full potential. Our friendly staff team are always on hand to welcome you and answer your questions.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school to arrange a visit.
Message from the Headteacher
Bligh Primary School is a thriving two form entry school which has been selected by the DfE to 'grow' to a three form entry school due to its good and outstanding statuses. By 2023 Bligh Primary will be a full three form entry school.
The Bligh Primary School tagline 'Unlocking potential for lifelong learning' demonstrates our commitment to ensuring that every child is given the opportunity to meet their potential and flourish in their learning so that they have a drive to continue to enjoy learning throughout their lives.
Ensuring a safe and nurturing environment is at the heart of 'unlocking the potential' and at Bligh Primary School we are committed to ensuring every need is met for every child in our care.
We have very strong relationships with parents/carers and the local community and this further embeds the potential for our children to flourish and achieve their best. We always encourage families and professionals to visit us at Bligh Primary School, so if you would like to visit please call the School Office to book an appointment. We are also always happy to hear how we can do things better, so if you have any feedback for us please either call or email the School Office.
At Bligh Primary School we are committed to providing excellence in education by:
- Raising standards through effective teaching and learning, by delivering a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum, differentiated to meet the needs of all pupils.
- Developing confident and motivated learners by engaging pupils in their learning through a range of interactive, meaningful and enjoyable experiences.
- Creating an inclusive school, raising self-esteem by valuing and encouraging everyone and promoting respect for others.
- Developing the independence and creativity needed for our children to play an active role in their future lives by encouraging children to be creative and independent in both thought and action.
- Establishing and maintaining positive partnerships with parents and the local community.
- Maintaining a safe, secure and pleasant learning environment.